At The Community Bank we are committed to protecting your personal and financial information – it is our most important responsibility! We encourage you to keep an eye out for any suspicious activity, unauthorized transactions, and online scams targeting your banking information.
If you suspect fraudulent activity, please contact The Community Bank at 740-454-1600 during normal business hours. If you have been contacted by The Community Bank's Check Card Fraud Center you may return their call at any time. For Credit Cards, you may return their call at 1-800-369-4887.
If your Community Bank Card has been lost or stolen, please let us know immediately by calling us at 740-454-1600 during regular business hours. You also have 24/7 access to suspend your Community Bank Check Card via your Online Banking with Bill Pay account as well as through the Preferences option in your Free Community Mobile Banking App if you feel it has been lost, stolen or compromised.
After business hours and on bank holidays, please use the following toll free numbers:
- To report a lost or stolen VISA® Check Card, ATM Card, and/or home equity line of Credit Card: 866-546-8273.
- To report a lost or stolen VISA® Credit Card: 800-325-3678.
Should you have any questions regarding your Community Bank card, please contact us by calling 740-454-1600 during business hours; Monday – Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 8am to 1pm.
Protect Yourself from Identity Theft
Identity theft is among the fastest growing crimes in the country, affecting millions of people every year. We want to help make sure you don't become one of those people. That's why The Community Bank has partnered with Deluxe to bring you Deluxe Provent, an integrated suite of identity theft protection. For an extremely low monthly fee, you can relax knowing your identity is safe and secure.
Learn about the theft protection choices and to get signed up for this valuable service:
- Visit deluxeprovent.ezshield.com to view the various options
- When you are ready to enroll, enter The Community Bank's Routing/Transit Number (044105576).
- You'll be walked through the steps for enrolling and activating your membership.
Suspect Identity Theft?
If you have a Deluxe Provent membership and feel you are a victim of identity theft, contact Deluxe Provent customer service directly at (866) 460-0095 or go online to www.deluxeprovent.ezshield.com to report the incident.
Online Security Tips
In today’s world, technology offers us wonderful conveniences and the Internet touches almost all aspects of everyone’s daily life. At The Community Bank we focus on keeping you safe by sharing simple Online Security Tips to help you protect yourself online. These STOP. THINK. CONNECT.™ resources are designed to be engaging and educational. We invite you to share these tips with your family, friends, neighbors and co-workers.
Check Card Fraud – Critical Reminders
Check Card Fraud is Inconvenient!!! Are you as tired of it as we are?
Since we are in this together… here are some critical reminders to help.
- Because fraudulent activity can restrict your card spending at any time, it is very important to always carry alternative methods of payment. We recommend using a combination of cash, a Community Bank Credit Card, and maybe even dusting off the ole check book.
- In order for us to alert you quickly, make sure your phone number(s) and email address are always up-to-date with The Community Bank.
- Pay attention to alerts on potential Check Card fraud. These will come from our Fraud Center via email, text, phone call (in that order). Remember, our Fraud Center will never ask for your PIN or account number.
- Use your checking account to set up reoccurring payments instead of using a card number (which is a huge inconvenience when that card number changes).
- Keep an eye out for any suspicious activity, unauthorized transactions, and online scams targeting your banking information.
- If you suspect fraudulent activity, please contact The Community Bank at 740-454-1600 during normal business hours. If you have been contacted by The Community Bank's Check Card Fraud Center you may return their call at any time. For Credit Cards, you may return their call at 1-800-369-4887.
- You have 24/7 access to suspend your Community Bank Check Card via your Online Banking with Bill Pay account as well as through your Free Community Mobile Banking App if you feel it has been compromised.