Make the most of YOUR money with our FREE Reward Checking, easily earn 2.00% APY* plus ATM withdrawal fee refunds* not just in Ohio, but nationwide. It's easy to qualify — just use your debit card and e-services designed to make checking even easier.
- Free checking that pays high interest
- 2.00% APY* on balances up to $10,000.99
- 2.00% to 0.10% APY on balances over $10,001 depending on balance in account*
- 0.05% APY* if qualifications aren't met
- Refunds on ATM withdrawal fees, nationwide (up to $25 monthly)*
- Link to free Real Saver to build savings automatically
- No minimum balance to earn rewards
- No monthly service fee
- Help local schools and non-profits with the free Community Pride option
- Customize your VISA® debit card with SliceOfLife
- Free 24/7 Online Banking with Bill Pay
- Free 24/7 Mobile Banking
- Free e-Statements
- Free VISA® debit card
- Unlimited check writing
- Free first order of basic starter checks
- Courtesy Bounce Protection Available
- $100 minimum deposit to open
- Free Account Alerts
- Free Notary Services
- Free Fraud Monitoring
- Free access to any conveniently located Community Bank ATM and Office
It's easy to earn your rewards!
It's so easy to qualify — you're probably already doing it! To earn your rewards, simply do the following activities and transactions in your Reward Checking account each 2021 Monthly Qualification Cycle:
- Have at least 10 point-of-sale debit card purchases post and settle.
- Have 1 automatic payment, direct deposit, or bill pay transaction post and settle.
- Receive and review FREE e-Statements.
And if you don't meet these qualifications, don't worry. Your account is still free. Plus, you'll still earn our base interest rate. And you can get right back to earning your full rewards the very next cycle that you qualify.
*Interest Rate and APY
- Annual Percentage Yield (APY) accurate as of this date. When the Reward Checking account qualifications are not met, the interest rate on your account will be 0.05% and the annual percentage yield will be 0.05%.
- When the Reward Checking account qualifications are met, the interest rate on your account and corresponding annual percentage rate will be tiered. If your daily balance is less than $10,001.00, the interest rate paid on the entire balance will be 1.98% with an annual percentage yield of 2.00%. An interest rate of 0.10% will be paid on that portion of your daily balance that is $10,001.00 or greater. The annual percentage yield will range from 0.10% to 2.00% depending on the balance in the account. Fees may reduce earnings.
Reward Checking Account with a Real Saver
- The Annual Percentage Yield (APY) disclosed on the Reward Checking account assumes that the interest earned in Reward Checking compounds. However, by choosing to have a Real Saver account linked to the Reward Checking, you understand the interest earned in your Reward Checking account is automatically transferred into your Real Saver account at the end of the statement cycle and therefore does not remain in your Reward Checking account and does not compound. Additionally, you understand the interest amount earned in the Real Saver account may be less than the interest amount earned in the Reward Checking account.
- At our discretion, the interest rate and annual percentage yield on your account may change at any time.
- Interest will be compounded on a daily basis. Interest will be credited to your account on the last day of the statement cycle. If you close your account before interest is credited, you will not receive the accrued interest. Interest begins to accrue on the business day you deposit non-cash items (for example checks). We use the daily balance method to calculate the interest on your account. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day.
- To qualify for Reward Checking interest rates and receive reimbursements on your ATM fee surcharges, you must perform the following during the monthly qualification cycle:
- Have at least 10 point-of-sale debit card purchases post and settle
- Have at least 1 automatic payment (ACH), direct deposit or bill pay transaction post and settle.
- Be enrolled in Online Banking with Bill Pay and receive free e-Statements. Online Banking login required once every 90 days.
- Enrollment in Online Banking with Bill Pay and in electronic statements (e-Statements) is required to meet certain qualifiers. Please contact us for details on how to enroll.
- Please note that transactions MUST post to your account and settle during the monthly qualification cycle. They may not be in a pending state to qualify. Transactions may take one or more banking days from the date the transaction was made to post and settle an account. ATM transactions do not qualify.
- The Community Bank reserves the right to determine if the account is being maintained for a purpose other than day-to-day, primary use. Account holders who do not use the account for the expected use as detailed in the account disclosures will be converted to a Community Checking Account. We also reserve the right to convert the account to a Community Checking Account if the account does not meet all the monthly account qualifications within 3 consecutive statement cycles (3 months).
ATM Fee Refunds
- If you have met your qualifications for the month, we will reimburse you for domestic ATM fees up to $25.00 per monthly qualification cycle. ATM reimbursements will be credited to your account on the last day of your statement cycle.
- ATM fees of $4.99 or less will be reimbursed up to a maximum of $4.99 per transaction. If you believe that you have not been reimbursed the correct amount, please contact The Community Bank Deposit Operations Department at 740.454.1600. We must hear from you no later than 30 days after the statement cycle where the reimbursement was applicable. Corrective ATM reimbursements will be made at The Community Bank's discretion. Note: ATM withdrawals do not count as qualifying debit card transactions for purposes of earning rewards within this account.
Monthly Qualification Cycle and Monthly Statement Cycle Explanation
- "Monthly Qualification Cycle" means a period beginning one banking day prior to the first day of the current statement cycle through one banking day prior to the close of the current statement cycle. Your account will be automatically qualified on that one day prior to the first day of the current statement cycle. What this means for you is if you did not qualify for the higher preferred rate, you might notice a slightly higher than the base rate APY earned on your account due to the one day (the last day) being calculated with the higher preferred rate.
Other Account Information
- You must deposit $100.00 to open this account.
- Available to personal accounts only.
- Limit one account per Social Security Number (SSN).
- Bounce Protection available.
- No minimum balance required.
- No monthly service charge.
- Certain restrictions may apply.
- See a Community Bank employee to walk you through the details and fully explain the benefits of this account.