Visa® Check Card
Access your checking account balance anytime, anywhere with just a swipe of this card! There's no need to write a check — use this card to make purchases. Funds are automatically deducted from your checking account. And if you ever need cash, you can also use it at any ATM.
- Free with any checking account
- Anytime access to your checking account
- Make purchases or get cash
- Accepted worldwide
- Safer than cash
- More convenient than checks
- Funds deducted automatically from your checking account
- No monthly payments or finance charges
- Fraud protection
- All cards issued with security enhanced EMV Chip
The Community Bank's Fraud Center Is Protecting YOU!
At The Community Bank we take Check Card fraud seriously and we're watching out for you! You may not know it, but you have round-the-clock protection against Check Card fraud. In our continuing efforts to keep your accounts secure, we are improving our alert system for potential Check Card fraud.
To report a lost or stolen Community Bank Check Card:
Immediately call our lost/stolen support center at 888.297.3416, or call us during business hours at 740.454.1600.
You also have 24/7 access to suspend your Community Bank Check Card via your Online Banking with Bill Pay account as well as through your Free Community Mobile Banking App if you feel your Card has been compromised or lost.
Important information about your PIN (Personal Identification Number):
- Please memorize your PIN.
- You should never write your PIN on your card or carry your PIN with you.
- Never reveal your PIN to anyone who is not authorized to use your card.
To customize your Personal Identification Number (PIN):
- Set your own 4 digit PIN at any Community Bank ATM (must know your current PIN).
- For security reasons we cannot reset or customize your PIN for you.
If your PIN has been lost or forgotten:
Call us during business hours at 740-454-1600 to request a new PIN. You will receive your new PIN via USPS within 7-10 business days.
Should you have any questions regarding your Community Bank Check Card, please contact our Card Services Department by calling 740-454-1600 during business hours; Monday – Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 8am to 1pm.
Due to the rise in fraudulent check card activity worldwide, The Community Bank has enacted some security precautions to keep your funds, your personal information and The Community Bank as safe as we can.
Get Ready To Dip!
There's a new and better way to fight card fraud, so get ready to dip! The Community Bank's cards are being reissued with EMV chip technology to help protect your information. These EMV cards offer an enhanced security against counterfeiting or cloning. To make purchases, you "dip" your card into a slot and briefly hold it there until verified.
EMV secures the payment transaction with enhanced functionality in three areas:
- Card authentication, protecting against counterfeit cards.
- Cardholder verification, authenticating the cardholder and protecting against lost and stolen cards.
- Transaction authorization, using issuer-defined rules to authorize transactions.
Why are EMV cards more secure than traditional cards?
It is the small, metallic square you will see on new cards. That is a computer chip and it is what sets apart the new generation of cards. The magnetic stripes on traditional cards contain unchanging data. Whoever accesses that data gains the sensitive card and cardholder information necessary to make purchases. It is important to know EMV chip technology does not provide additional fraud protection for online purchases.