The Community Bank invites you to "Bring your Check Card to Life" by designing your very own SliceOfLife℠ Visa® Check Card. You pick the image or photo for the front of your Check Card! People, things and events in your daily life… all reminders of the precious moments that make you smile. Make your Check Card reflect your style and you will be proud to show it off each time you use it!
It's Easy To Order Your New SliceOfLife℠ Visa® Check Card:
1. Click "Start Now" and accept the Terms & Conditions to begin designing
2. Upload your photo
3. Place it how you want it to print on your card
4. Click the submit button!
Your first card design is absolutely FREE and each subsequent card will be only $9.95. After that it works just like your regular Visa® Check Card, without any other fees while that card is active.
Currently this is only available for consumer check cards.
Thank you for choosing The Community Bank and SliceOfLife℠!
The Community Bank's Fraud Center Is Protecting YOU!
At The Community Bank we take Check Card fraud seriously and we're watching out for you! You may not know it, but you have round-the-clock protection against Check Card fraud. In our continuing efforts to keep your accounts secure, we are improving our alert system for potential Check Card fraud. Here is how it will work:
- When potential Check Card fraud is detected, you will receive an automatic email notification, with the option to reply with "fraud" or "no fraud."
- One minute after the email, you will receive a text alert, which also has the "fraud" or "no fraud" option.
- If our Fraud Center does not receive a response from your email or text, you will then receive automated phone calls to confirm or deny the potential fraud that has been identified on your account. The call will also give the option of speaking to one of our fraud analysts.
Remember – our messages will never ask for your PIN or account number. You may contact our Card Services Department should you be unsure of the communications you receive from our Fraud Center.
It's hard to put a price on peace-of-mind, but luckily you don't have to. This service is absolutely free!
The phone number for The Community Bank's Fraud Center is 1-800-417-4592.
We encourage you to add this number to your phone contacts and label it "The Community Bank's Fraud Center," so it will display on your phone whenever you get a call from this number.
You can help us fight Check Card fraud by notifying us of any suspicious activity, such as unauthorized transactions in your checking account or online scams targeting your banking information. If you suspect fraudulent activity, please contact our Card Services Department at 740-454-1600 immediately. You may also contact The Community Bank's Fraud Center at 1-800-417-4592 after business hours and on the weekends!
SliceOfLife℠ Check Card Program
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Who's eligible for a SliceOfLife℠ check card?
Those who have a Community Bank account with a Visa® Check Card.
*Available for consumer VISA® Check Cards only.
How often can I change my card to a SliceOfLife℠ check card/
You can change your existing card as often as you like. The first image per account number is FREE! Any additional image or image change is only $9.95 per occurrence. The fee will be deducted from your checking account linked to your Check Card.
How does my photo get approved?
Every submitted image is reviewed for compliance with the Image Guidelines. Each image also must follow the Visa® Issuing Guidelines as set by Visa® International.
What images may not be approved or acceptable?
Please see our Image Guidelines for our criteria for acceptable photo submissions. The Community Bank reserves the right to reject any image we believe violates our Image Guidelines. If an image is rejected, you will be notified by email within two business days. You may submit a new image anytime following your rejection notification.
How much does it cost?
The first image per account number is FREE! Each additional card thereafter is only $9.95. The fee will be deducted from your checking account linked to your Check Card.
What happens when my card expires?
Upon expiration of your Check Card, a new card will be sent with the same image as your most recent card.
How will I receive my personalized card?
Your new Check Card will be mailed to you via the US Postal Service.
How long will it take to receive my card?
After your image has been submitted and approved by The Community Bank, you can expect to receive your new Check Card within 10-14 business days.
What if my card is lost or stolen?
If your Community Bank Card has been lost or stolen, please let us know immediately by calling us at (740) 454-1600 during regular business hours. After business hours and on Bank holidays, please call (866) 546-8273.
Will my existing card work until my new SliceOfLife℠ Visa® Check Card arrives?
Yes, your existing Check Card will continue to work until you activate your new SliceOfLife℠ Check Card. Please destroy your old card once the new card is activated.
Will any financial or personal information be transferred to the design service?
No, we do not transfer or share any of your financial or personal information with the design service.
How many times can the image on my card be changed?
The image can be changed as many times as you would like. The first image per account number is FREE; each additional image is only $9.95.
How will I know if my image is accepted or rejected?
You will receive an email within two business days, telling you if your image was approved or rejected.
How do I design my card?
Card customization is easy; there are simple instructions to follow:
1. Visit The Community Bank's website at www.thecombank.com and simply click on "SliceOfLife℠" found under Quick Links.
2. Click "Start Now" and accept the Terms & Conditions to begin designing
3. Select an image from our gallery or upload an image from your computer, external drive, disk, etc.
4. Click on 'Upload Your Image', then click the 'Browse' button on the design tool to locate the image on your computer
5. When you locate your image, select it then click on the 'Upload' button on the design tool.
6. The image will populate into the template.
7. Customize the look of your card by enlarging, cropping or rotating.
8. Once you are satisfied with the look of your card, hit the 'Next' button.
9. Complete the 'Details' page with the required information, then click 'Submit' where you will see a 'Thank You' page with additional information.
What format does the digital photo need to be in?
The photo needs to be a digital photo in .JPEG, .GIF, .PNG, .TIFF or .BMP format. The image needs to be at least 840x840 pixels and at least 50KB (kilobytes) in size, not to exceed 10MB (megabytes). Refer to the Image Upload Guidelines for additional information.
How do I convert my photo into a digital photo?
You will need to convert your physical photo into a digital photo. If you take a regular photo to a photo processing facility, they may be able to scan the photo for you and put it on a disk. Remember, the image needs to be saved in .JPEG, .GIF, .PNG, .TIFF or .BMP format.
What size does my digital photo need to be?
Please use an image that is at least 840x840 pixels. Our design service provides a tool to re-size your picture to look the way you want it to.
What can I do to make sure my SliceOfLife℠ Visa® Check Card turns out as good as possible?
Choose a clear, sharply focused image, preferably taken at a high resolution. You can also use photo editing software to enhance your photo prior to uploading it; however, it is not mandatory.
Are there special characters not acceptable in cardholder names?
Yes, with the rollout of EMV technologies the following characters are no longer accepted in the cardholder name: exclamation point (!), double quote ("), ampersand (&), apostrophe ('), star (*), plus sign (+), comma (,), colon (:), semi-colon (;), less than symbol (<), greater than symbol (>), equal sign (=), at sign (@), and underscore (_).
Need additional information?
Should you have any questions regarding your Community Bank Card, please contact our Card Services Department by calling 740-454-1600 during business hours; Monday – Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 8am to 1pm.
- Image Guidelines
SliceOfLife℠ Check Card Program
The Community Bank reserves the right to determine, in its sole discretion, whether a submitted image will be accepted. All images submitted must have the consent of the owner including those images downloaded from the Internet. The Community Bank will not accept images that contain any of the following:
- The name, trademark, slogan or any other identifying marks of any other financial institution, bank or credit union;
- The name, trademark, slogan or any other identifying marks of other card companies (e.g. MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, Cirrus);
- Political statements or symbols which are offensive to cultural values;
- Advertising or promotional material (e.g. slogans, business cards);
- Branded products (except those associated with approved Affinity/Co-Brand program);
- Copyrighted or trademarked material not owned by partner;
- Professional photographs, photographs including artwork, or photographs including other individuals (Unless you have written permission from the creator of the professional photograph, the creator of the artwork, or all individuals in the photograph.)
- Celebrities, musicians, public figures, athletes, cartoons, etc. (except for those associated with approved Affinity/Co-Brand programs);
- Phone numbers (e.g. 800 or 900 numbers) and URLs (e.g. www.xyz.com);
- Nude or semi-nude images;
- Provocative or sexual material;
- Violence, firearms, weapons or ammunition;
- Profanity or obscenities;
- Racial, prejudicial or discriminatory subject matter;
- Photos with alcohol or tobacco;
- Images which show illegal or anti-social behavior or groups;
- Images that display the opinions or beliefs of religious groups which are offensive to cultural values;
- Any photo that might result in non-acceptance or other problems at the point of sale;
- Any printing or processes that interfere with the required security features of the card;
- Reproduction of any currency, where applicable;
- Any image that may potentially bring VISA brand into disrepute;
- Images that may interfere with the security features of the card;
- Photographs considered by The Community Bank to be profane or obscene;
- Any image The Community Bank deems unacceptable to be associated with The Community Bank brand.
- Note: This list is not exclusive and The Community Bank retains the right to decide that any submitted image is not to be used.
- Images that DO NOT meet the above guidelines will be rejected and you will be notified by email. You may then submit another image.
- For more information, contact The Community Bank's Card Services Department at 740-454-1600 during normal business hours; Monday-Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm.
- Image Upload Guidelines
- Image files can be in .JPEG, .GIF, .PNG, .TIFF or .BMP formats.
- The maximum file size is 10 megabytes (Mb).
- Images must be at least 840 X 840 pixels.
- Small images will reproduce poorly when printed.
- As you increase the scale of your image too much, it may also print poorly.
- The bigger the image you choose, the longer it will take to upload.
- The time your image takes to upload depends on your own Internet connection speed.
- Should your image be slow to upload, please talk to your Internet access provider for help.
- On a typical 56k modem, each 1Mb will take about 3 minutes to upload (This is approximate and depends on your connection speed, which may vary.)
- EMV Chip Card
Get Ready To Dip!
There's a new and better way to fight card fraud, so get ready to dip! The Community Bank's cards are being reissued with EMV chip technology to help protect your information. These EMV cards offer an enhanced security against counterfeiting or cloning. To make purchases, you "dip" your card into a slot and briefly hold it there until verified.
EMV secures the payment transaction with enhanced functionality in three areas:
1. Card authentication, protecting again counterfeit cards.
2. Cardholder verification, authenticating the cardholder and protecting against lost and stolen cards.
3. Transaction authorization, using issuer-defined rules to authorize transactions.
Why are EMV cards more secure than traditional cards?
It is the small, metallic square you will see on new cards. That is a computer chip and it is what sets apart the new generation of cards. The magnetic stripes on traditional cards contain unchanging data. Whoever accesses that data gains the sensitive card and cardholder information necessary to make purchases. It is important to know EMV chip technology does not provide additional fraud protection for online purchases.