Check Card Fraud is Inconvenient!!! Are you as tired of it as we are?
Since we are in this together… here are some critical reminders to help.
- Because fraudulent activity can restrict your card spending at any time, it is very important to always carry alternative methods of payment. We recommend using a combination of cash, a Community Bank Credit Card, a Community Bank VISA® Gift Card, and maybe even dusting off the ole check book.
- In order for us to alert you quickly, make sure your phone number(s) and email address are always up-to-date with The Community Bank.
- Pay attention to alerts on potential Check Card fraud. These will come from our Fraud Center via email, text, phone call (in that order). Remember, our Fraud Center will never ask for your PIN or account number.
- Add our Fraud Center number (1-800-417-4592) to your phone contacts and label it “The Community Bank’s Fraud Center,” so it will display on your phone whenever you get a call from this number.
- Use your checking account to set up reoccurring payments instead of using a card number (which is a huge inconvenience when that card number changes).
- Keep an eye out for any suspicious activity, unauthorized transactions, and online scams targeting your banking information.
- If you suspect fraudulent activity, please contact us at 740-454-1600 immediately. You may also contact The Community Bank’s Fraud Center at 1-800-417-4592 after business hours and on the weekends!
- You have 24/7 access to suspend your Community Bank Check Card via your Online Banking with Bill Pay account as well as through your Free Community Mobile Banking App if you feel it has been compromised.
Please visit The Community Bank’s website at www.thecombank.com for a complete list of our current country and city restrictions and updated fraud information. If you have questions, please contact our Card Services Department by calling 740-454-1600 during business hours; Monday – Friday 8 am to 6 pm, Saturday 8 am to 1 pm.